Important Information Related To Admission
- Applicants in their own interest must read and understand all the information published on the university website www.agu.edu.in
- The eligibility criteria for all programs for International applicants is minimum 50% in the qualifying examination and having studied the pre-requisite subjects for admission in to the desired program.
- For Admission to PhD Programs, the eligibility criteria for international student is Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks and fulfilment of any other eligibility criteria prescribed by the University from time to time.
- Issue of offer letter (provisional) or any information /guidance/ facilitation provided by the university should not be considered as confirmation of admission or access to any facility of university.
- For the purpose of equivalency of the qualifying exam, the qualifications as recognized by A I U shall be considered. For any qualification not recognized by AIU, equivalency proof has to be provided by the applicant from the Indian High Commission/ Consulate in their respective country or other concerned statutory body as applicable.
Alakh Prakash Goyal Shimla University has multiple options for efficient, hassle free and secure payment for its students.
Mode of fee payment for International Students is as under:-
- Payment via NEFT/RTGS mode Only,
Details for payment and fees transfer:
- Account Name- A P G Shimla University
- Account Number- 1964201000567
- Bank Name- Canara Bank Mall Road Shimla
- IFSC Code- CNRB0001964
- Swift Code – CNRBINBBFFC
AT (Alakh Prakash Goyal) Shimla University we understand to remain the Best University, further to attract the best talent around the globe. To achieve our objective, we offer scholarship on tuition fees ranging from 50% ,60% & 100% to International students across the globe .
Terms and Condition for the Scholarship
- Grant of Scholarship is subject to verification of original transcripts, certificates and other documents as required by the University.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship scheme as well as for any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of Shimla University, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- In addition to Shimla University Scholarship, if a student gets scholarship from a Government / any other organization, then Shimla University Scholarship will be restricted to amount obtained by subtracting scholarship received from Government / any other organization from total applicable fees (including charges for Residential/ Transport/Food Facility
- If a student earlier admitted for a programme under scholarship scheme, later on applies for programme transfer; the scholarship would be applicable as per programme transfer policy of the university.
- Scholarship will be applicable on Tuition fee (per semester) for standard duration of the programme. It would not cover fee for any other fee component / facilities like Backlog / re-appear / Make up fee etc.
Visa & FRRO Assistance:
- Foreign Nationals desirous of coming into India are required to possess a valid passport of their country and a valid Indian Visa. The only exceptions are nationals of Nepal and Bhutan who can enter India without a visa.
(Note: Nepalese nationals need a visa if entering India from China).
- To study in India it is mandatory for an international student to procure an Indian Student Visa.
- Visas can be applied for in person or by post (in certain High Commissions/Embassies, it is responsibility of the student to check with particular embassy on postal visa application) to the High Commission of India based in the country from where the candidate intends to depart for India.
- Applicant need to mention the name of the Institute while applying for the visa, which is then mentioned on the visa.
- International students taking admission at APG Shimla University should make sure that the Student Visa is endorsed to APG Shimla University by the visa issuing authority.
- A request for change of university or institution subsequently made cannot be considered. In this case you would be required to go back to your home country and apply for a new visa.
- Also, if you have entered India on basis of documents provided by the University then it is your responsibility to ensure that you directly join and report to the University. The Visa endorsed on the name of the University or obtained on the basis of University documents cannot be used for any other purpose like employment , admission to any other university/college/institute/academy etc or for non-regular (distance/online) mode of education.
- After reaching the university students have to get the visa verified by the University and have to deposit a copy of the valid visa.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that throughout his/her study period student is on valid visa.
- In case the initial visa is not endorsed for the complete duration of the programme or student has to extend the stay because he/she is not able to complete the programme in the stipulated time then the student should apply for the extension of the visa before visa expires.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that visa should be applied well in advance and time. It generally takes 3-8 weeks to get the Indian Visa thus it is advisable to apply for the visa accordingly and consult the Indian High Commission/Embassy if required.
- Students joining the university after the prescribed time period may be denied admission. In such cases the fees etc. deposited by the applicant would be forfeited and further no claim for the expense made for the travelling, visa or any other expense made or hardship suffered by the student will be entertained.
- Even, after joining the university if the student leaves the country then it is the responsibility of the student to report back at the university on time. It some cases where visa extension is required it is the responsibility of the student to ensure to get the valid visa extension on time. In case student reports to the university late because of the Visa/Tickets Availability or any other personal issue then student will not be provided any relaxation related to attendance, extra time to complete the assignments, opportunity to submit the missed assignments, opportunity to sit for the missed examination(s), relaxation in the marks etc.
- In case student is expelled from the university or the student decides to leave the programme then an affidavit has to be submitted to the university that he/she will leave India immediately and will not use visa issued on the basis of APG Shimla University documents to stay in India.
- University may debar the student to continue attending classes or staying in the university residential facility if student does not maintain a valid visa/ FRRO or does not follow any guidelines issued by the Govt. of India/ Govt. of HP/University/ any other authority from time to time.
- For loss of attendance/ academics or any expenditure so occurred because of such action by the university, the student himself will be responsible and no relaxation or benefit may be provided in such cases and all expenditure has to be borne by the student.
Pre Arrival Information:-
- Clothing & Weather
You should prepare a folder of your all previous qualification documents to bring with you, including:
- Valid passport with student visa
- Offer of Admission letter
- Receipts of payments (tuition fees, Hostel fees etc)
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
- Original or certified copies of your academic transcripts
- Personal identification documents such as or ID card, passport
- Medical records or prescriptions and Medical Fitness certificate
Clothing & Weather:-
Students have to wear uniform in the University and rest they can carry casual Jeans/Tshirts and sports shoes to wear.
Summer in Shimla is mild. Many students wear shorts, skirts, t-shirts and sandals. You may require a light jacket or jumper in the evenings.
Winter is very cold and you will need warm clothing. Most private housing is not centrally heated, and heating in university accommodation may not be available or as warm as you are used to. It does snow in Shimla, warm coat or jacket is recommended.
The University provides a free airport pickup service from New Delhi International Airport for all international students who have an offer to study at the Shimla University Campus
The University provides a free airport pickup service from New Delhi International Airport to Shimla University for all international students who have an acceptance letter from university to study at the Shimla University and student has to share his arrival information 6 days before the Arrival.