B. Tech- Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and natural built environment, including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings and railways etc.Civil engineers shape the world we live in. Civil engineering is tightly connected with the use of innovative technologies which help students to impart their knowledge in the field of construction industry. A civil engineer is a specialist, who continuously learn new skills that will be of great use not only for construction work but also in work areas like IT computing, budget planning, analysis, accountancy and project management etc. The field of civil engineering emphasizes on developing and enhancing not only theoretical knowledge but also real practical skills of students.
Unique Selling Points
- The course curriculum of civil engineering department is based on course learning outcomes.
- Excellent academics and placement activities.
- Well qualified teaching and non-teaching technical staff.
- Promoting practical learning and research related activities for students.
- Provision of regular internship for students.
- Strong Mentor-Mentee system.
- Deliberate on Project and Presentation based learning for the students.
- Well established laboratories with modern state of art equipment’s.
- Provision of annual industrial trips for students to enhance their practical knowledge and provide them field exposure.
- Arrangement of expert lectures, short term courses and seminar on latest technology introduced in construction industry.
AFCONS Infrastructure Limited, State Bank of India, Pratibha construction, Nagarjuna Construction Company (NCC),Himachal Pradesh Public Works Department, Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited, Madhav University, Himalyan Institute, Earth Infrastructure, Cad Desk, GBP Builders, SJVNL.
Building control surveyor, CAD technician, Consulting Civil Engineer, Contracting Civil Engineer, Design Engineer, Site Engineer, Banks, Institutions/Universities etc.
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to inculcate our student’s professionalism and work ethics for building a stronger society.
To nurture civil engineers with competent technical skills, professional and ethical values to serve the Nation.
To make our department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
To promote innovation and practical based thinking in the of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- To impart knowledge ofconstruction equipment’s practices and techniques to be used in the civil engineering field.
- To make students able to apply theoretical and practical aspects of project management techniques and to achieve project goals.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- To understand principles of sustainable design and development.
- To understand professional and ethical responsibilities.