B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry is an undergraduate programme. As per New Education Policy (NEP), students can exit after one year with Certificate, two years with Diploma, three years with B.Sc. Chemistry degree and four years with B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry degree.
- Candidates must have Chemistry, Physics, Biology or/and Maths as their main subjects in 10+2 or equivalent programme to become eligible for the course.
- The course is divided into semesters with semester examinations after every six months. The examination is based on the Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS).
- The syllabus includes General Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Basic Analytical Chemistry and Physical Chemistry.
- After the completion of course, the students can be employed in the areas like Educational Institutions, Chemical Laboratories, DRDOs and Defense, Cosmetics & Perfume Industry, Health Care/Pharmaceutical Industry, Agrochemical Industry etc.
- The students can opt for careers as Lab Assistants, Chemists, Industrial Research Scientist, Clinical Research Specialist, Pharma Assistants, Quality Controller, Chemical Engineering Associate, Scientific Data Entry Specialist etc.
- The students can also pursue higher studies such as MSc Chemistry, MSc Forensic Science.