[kc_row use_container=”yes” _id=”643730″][kc_column width=”12/12″ video_bg_url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOWFVKb2JqM” _id=”942167″][kc_column_text _id=”313189″]
All foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student Visa, Research Visa and Employment Visa are required to get themselves registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay, within 14 days of arrival.
- University would provide necessary assistance to students to get the registration done and provide the copy of the FRRO certificate to the Student.
- The applicable processing fees for the FRRO/Visa extension/immigration processing fees and other related expenses have to be additionally borne by the student.
- It is also the responsibility of the student to inform designated FRRO in case they are leaving the country (both in case of temporary movement like going for holidays and also in case students want to permanently leave the county because the programme is over or students wants to discontinue the programme or student has been expelled or have been denied admission.)
- Students are not required to register himself/herself on each visit as long as he/she is visiting on the same visa on which he/she is registered earlier. However, the registered foreigner needs to report to FRRO, if; re-enters India on a fresh visa.
- Further, if the registered foreigner obtains a new passport during the validity of his registration and visa, then the foreigner is required to get the visa transferred on to his new passport from FRRO