Alakh Prakash Goyal University is a private university established in 8th June 2012 which is affiliated by UGC, COA, BCI, and AIU. This university is located in Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh, one of the most beautiful cities in the base of Himalayas.
Details about the University
The campus of this university spread over 220 Bighas (1 acre = 4 bigha) of land. The campus has natural features like a waterfall, dense jungle, and natural hilltop. The University provides an outstanding range of facilities, services, and infrastructure. The University offers hostel facility, an Oxford-style large library, high-tech auditorium, internationally designed modular laboratories, state of the art gym, indoor games, Adventure Park, cafes, tuck shops, ATM facility. Besides the core degree courses, they also offer yoga classes, a wide range of foreign language options and indulge in some music therapy. The campus is fully Wi-Fi enabled. AP Goyal Shimla University has a policy of scholarship and concession. It offers 15 percent to 100 percent concession to the students on charitable and academic bases. Not only across India, has APG Shimla University had many students throughout the World. They have students from 19 countries that are Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Srilanka, Iraq, Iran, etc. Moreover, there is no racial or social discrimination over there.
Most University in India Present huge choices of careers and specialties but APG University provides highest standards of education and facilities. The University has a large variety of UG and PG programs like Management, Architecture, Law, Hospitality, Journalism and Mass Communication, Fashion and Textile, Applied Science and Research, Hospitality Management, Engineering, and Technology.
The university has eight schools as below:
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Legal Studies and Research
- School of Applied Science and Research
- School of Fashion and Textile
- School of Management
- School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Media and Mass Communication
This university has been awarded as the best emerging international university in North India in 2012 and has received many national awards in following years.
They have a very strong vision to provide quality education which brings benefit to students and society and promote “Learn in India” approach.
Why should you choose Mechanical engineering from AP Goyal Shimla?
Mechanical Engineering is one of the extensive and oldest branches of engineering. They are versatile and can find employment in every branch of industry. Mechanical engineers design machines and mechanical systems, engines, power plants, automobiles, aircraft, medical equipment, robots, satellites, wind and tidal power, electronic chips, manufactured goods, ships, solar panels, many other things. Because of the wideness of the field, there is always a demand for mechanical engineers.
APG Shimla University offers 4 years Bachelor in technology with a seating capacity of 120 and 2 years Masters in Technolgy with 18 seats in Mechanical Engineering. They also have the provision for lateral entry in BTech. They also provide Integrated BTech in Mechanical Engineering with MBA in 5 years with a seating capacity of 30.
- APG Shimla University has experienced and highly qualified faculty members who are masters of their own subject. They also invite visiting faculties from IIT to impart additional subject knowledge
- They also have low student/faculty ratio which helps both teachers and students to understand and communicate with each other
- University doesn’t only stress on theoretical education but helps students to increase knowledge on new developments across the globe by arranging seminars and guest on different engineering problems and their solutions.
Frequent workshop are arranged with a different educational institute like CADD center for CAD workshop
- They also have signed MoUs with different international universities and educational institutes which enhances the learning opportunities for the mechanical student.
- Institute provides stress on personality development also like leadership skills, communication skills so that they are competent in the corporate world
- APG Shimla University organizes industrial training or visit, an important part of the engineering which offers hands-on experience of technology and functioning to the ambitious engineers. University organizes an industrial visit to enhances student’s practical knowledge and understand a subject to the core. Alumni have visited the industry like TATA, ACC Ltd during their course.
- The institute has good placement rate. They have Alumni in Reliance, NetConnect, Airtel, IBM, Eureka Forbes, Mahindra and many other manufacturing organizations.
- Last but not the lease the course fees are transparent and there are no hidden charges and moreover there have been no complaints till date which is not the case in most of the university. Fees are fixed in accordance Himachal Pradesh Government.
- Establishment of research infrastructure is in progress
AP Goyal University has an excellent future for Mechanical Engineers who want to learn and dream to be successful by accepting challenges.